My name is Kathryn Ferrie (Mrs. Ferrie for your children) and I will be your child's Kindergarten teacher. I'm excited that your child will be joining us in Kindergarten. Please watch this video below to learn more about what Kindergarten is like and what you can expect for next year.
At the end of August I will send out a more kid-friendly video introducing myself, the classroom EAs and take them on a little virtual tour of the classroom.
*Note: In the video, I do not address how next year may look with COVID19 restrictions because, well, I don't know what that will fully look like yet. Once we know in August what the government decides regarding full time school or a blended model, then we will send out information about how Kindergarten will proceed from there.
Some highlights of the video are:
- How we meet the spiritual, emotional, social, physical and intellectual needs of each child in Kindergarten.
- How we communicate between school and home using seesaw.me
- School supplies - backpack, shoes, folders, lunches requirements
- Dropping off and Picking Up your child at school (if you choose to drive your child yourself)
- Staggered Entry
- Expectations for children entering into Kindergarten.
Here is a link to the Handwriting Heroes video if you would like see what that program is about.
If you have any questions feel free to email me at